Parks and Pavilions General InformationParks Rules and Regulations
Park Hours 4:30 AM to 11:00 PM Facts you should know regarding the “Sterling Parks Ordinance” and its rules and regulations for all parks, recreational facilities, and open spaces. Prohibited Acts Under Chapter 13 of the Sterling City Code:
- Use or possession of alcoholic beverages
- Smoking, Vaping, or E-Cigarettes inside any Building or Structures
- Smoking, Vaping, or E-Cigarettes within 25 feet of all structures, playgrounds, gatherings or events
- Open fires, in designated fire pits by Permit only
- Animals running at large (all pets must be on a leash). Owners must clean up after their animals
- Firearms or archery, except by permit
- Horseback riding
- Motor vehicles off designated roadways
- Commercial activity, except by Permit
- Dumping of residential trash in park dumpster
- Camping or overnight parking except by permit
- Skateboards, roller-blades, or bicycles on tennis courts, basketball courts, pavilions
- Stakes or posts driven into the ground
- Bouncy Houses, or other temporary shade structures with stakes, are not allowed
- Throwing rocks or other items into the streams/damming up streams.
Graffiti and vandalism in our parks is a serious, unnecessary, and costly problem. The time and money spent repairing damage done by vandals could be used to further improve and beautify our parks. This is a serious problem. Don’t let a few individuals ruin the enjoyment of the parks for others. If you see a vandal damaging a building, driving on the grass or defacing a piece of playground equipment, please call the Sterling Police Department at 522-3512 to report it.
Park Bench Donation
The City of Sterling Parks, Library and Recreation Department has a program in place for the purchase of memorial benches in our area Parks, although Pioneer and Columbine are completely full, we have numerous other great Parks to choose from! The benches cost $1,700 and a plaque will be attached to each bench with the wording of your choice (restrictions do apply). This is a great way to donate a memorial bench that will be enjoyed by the public for many years to come. If interested, please come in to the office of Parks, Library and Recreation, City Hall, 421 North 4th St., Sterling, CO., and you can discuss with us were you’d like the bench to be placed, you can print out the form to bring in with you, or you may also call 522-9700 ext 1101 for further information.