KidsThe children's area has 4 computers, 1 junior AWE computer, and 2 early literacy AWE computers. Many educational toys are out for children to enjoy at all times. A corner of big cozy books lets kids relax and read a book. Several tables are available for working on homework or other activities. Parents also have an area to relax while observing their children as they explore the library.
The library has a variety of materials for children. In addition to the print, audiobook, and video collections the library has:
* Board books are located in a memorial box for toddlers to enjoy.
* Baby Bags are specifically selected books and materials for children ages 0-3 to help promote early literary. The bags are designed to encourage parents and caregivers to read to their babies as soon as possible.
* Early Literacy Kits are specifically selected books and materials surrounding a theme for children ages 3-5 to help promote literacy.
* Discovery Kits are a collection of print materials, media and objects that covers a specific topic. Check at the library for a list of topics covered.
* Playaway Views and Launchpads are pre-loaded learning tablets or pre-loaded personal entertainment and educational devices.
* Wonderbooks and VOX books are books with several audio options for beginning readers.
The library offers several special children's services for the public.
* Dial-a-Story: Children may call 970-522-6808 and listen to a recording of a story read by one of the librarians.
* Wee Books is book delivery provided to day cares and preschools. Books are delivered by the Friends of the Library every three weeks. If interested in signing up, please contact the library for more information.
* 1000 Books Before Kindergarten is a program designed to help parents prepare their children for one of life's big milestones: kindergarten. Children between the ages of 0-5 may register for the program at the library.